Ukrhydroenergo Weekly News Digest
Hydropower News and Preparation for the 2023-2024 Winter:
-Volodymyr Zelensky held a regular meeting of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief's Staff to prepare the power system for winter, focusing on critical infrastructure protection.
- Antony Blinken and Denis Shmyhal inspected the progress of preparations for the autumn-winter period at one of the company's stations.
- Denis Shmyhal: The work of hydropower engineers is significant.
- Yuri Landau: "The war has shown the significant role of hydroelectric and hydro-accumulation stations in ensuring the stable operation of the Ukrainian energy system."
- In August, with the support of Ukrgidroenergo, the Institute of Hydrobiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine conducted the second stage of natural hydroecological scientific research in the coastal zone of the transboundary section of the Dniester River.
- A major overhaul of the main spillway gate at one of Ukrgidroenergo's stations has been completed.
- A comprehensive repair campaign is ongoing at Ukrgidroenergo stations to prepare for the autumn-winter period.
- As part of the preparations for the winter period, reconstruction and equipment restoration work continue at Ukrgidroenergo's hydroelectric power stations.
The situation at the Kakhovska Hydroelectric Power Station as of September 8:
- The average level of the lower bay near the Dnipro Hydroelectric Power Station dam is 12.07 meters above sea level.
- Outbreaks of infectious diseases due to the occupation of the Kakhovska HPP have been successfully avoided.
- The southern region faces depopulation due to the drying up of the Kakhovska Reservoir.
- Environmental losses from the Russian sabotage of the Kakhovska HPP amount to $1.5 billion.
- Three months since the explosion of the Kakhovska HPP. The current situation and measures for reconstruction were discussed in a live broadcast on the "Yedini Novyny" marathon for the ICTV channel by the CEO of Ukrgidroenergo, Igor Syrota.
- Expert opinions: The Kakhovska Hydroelectric Power Station is crucial for the southern region.