Ukrhydroenergo Weekly News Digest
admin September 29, 2023Press service of Ukrhydroenergo
Hydropower News and Preparation for the autumn winter season:
- South Korea is ready to share technologies and experience with Ukraine in the development of hydropower.
- The path to energy independence: Hydropower experts join the discussion on Ukraine's adoption of the Fourth Energy Package of the EU.
- ️At one of the hydroelectric power plants️, a hydro unit with a capacity of 23 MW was put into operation after major repairs.
- ️Experts at Ukrhydroenergo are improving their knowledge of anti-corruption legislation.
- ️The Prime Minister of Ukraine listed six factors that ensure stability in Ukraine's energy sector.
- ️Ukrhydroenergo is actively working on securing funding for renewable and development projects.
- ️As part of preparations for the autumn-winter period, major and routine maintenance of two hydro units with a total capacity of 100 MW has been completed at one of the hydroelectric power plants of the Dnieper Cascade.
Current situation at the Kakhovka HPP as of September 29:
- The hydro units of the Dnieper HPP are operating according to the dispatch schedule. The average level of the lower reservoir near the Dnieper HPP dam is 11.84 meters above sea level.
- "We have economic agreements with governments and businesses. There is a decision on a free trade zone with Canada. In Washington, there is a memorandum on energy cooperation. In Ottawa, there is an agreement on the restoration of the Kakhovka HPP and the reconstruction of the Kanivska HPP. There is obvious interest from large companies in both the USA and Canada to work in Ukraine," said President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky in his evening address.